- Saturday 3 November 2018, 10am-12.30pm
- GMB West Midlands, Garth Street, Ceramics House, Hanley, ST1 2AB
- Speakers: Ruth Smeeth MP, Gareth Snell MP, Mark McDonald, John Denham
- For your free ticket register here or email email@example.com
A lot has happened since then. Backed by data from the amazing Centre for Towns, the future of English towns is now at the centre of political debate. The Labour Party has deployed community organisers in key constituencies, and Jeremy Corbyn has launched a powerful video setting our Labour’s message for England outside the cities.
But Labour still lags behind the Tories amongst working class voters. Those who feel English more than they feel British are much less likely to see Labour as their party.Join Ruth Smeeth MP, Gareth Snell MP and new Stoke South candidate Mark McDonald to answer the following questions:
- How do we appeal to patriotic voters?
- How do we recognise strong local and national identities?
- What policies come top of voters’ concerns in these areas?
- How do we campaign effectively and show Labour stands for their interests?
This summer, millions of people shared the success of England’s football team now. Now is the time to set out a shared vision of an England that works for the common good.