As part of our work, the English Labour Network publishes briefing papers about Labour, England and English identity for Labour activists. These include:
- For Labour, England and St George: a guide to Labour and English identity that encourages Labour activists to mark St George’s Day.
- Our submission to Labour’s internal democracy review: We called for Labour to publish an English Labour manifesto at the next general election, and for Labour members in England to be given the same policy-shaping rights as members in Scotland and Wales.
We’ve also heard some important interventions by influential figures regarding Labour and England. Here are some of those key speeches:
- “England is restless, change is coming”, delivered by Shadow minister for the Cabinet Office, Jon Trickett MP.
- “The Tories devolve blame and shift pain” – Shadow Minister for Local Government and Communities, Andrew Gwynne MP
- “A nation divided: the identities, politics and governance of England” – Professor John Denham
- “England’s Brexit” – author Anthony Barnett
- English Labour Network launch event