Why we collect your data
We, the English Labour Network, collect your data because we want to stay in touch with you about our work and let you know of ways in which you can be involved.
How to access, change or remove your data
You can ask to access your data, or ask for you data to be changed or removed from our system altogether, by emailing email@example.com. You can also remove yourself from our mailing lists by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of newsletters.
How we collect data
We collect your data if:
- You choose to actively ‘Join the ELN’ via a form on our website – such as this one – or by notifying us by email. Joining our network means you are agreeing to be kept up-to-date with our work, or are agreeing to be contacted about how you can become more involved. We will do this by email, phone or text. This data is collected through a private Google form.* We keep this data until you tell us otherwise.
- You choose to actively support one of our campaigns, such as the English Manifesto, via a sign-up sheet on our website, or by email. Here you are agreeing to be kept up-to-date with that particular campaign or are agreeing to be contacted about how you can become more involved. We will do this by email, phone or text. This data is collected through a private Google form.* We keep this data until you tell us otherwise.
- You sign up on a paper form at an event, which we then transfer onto one of the above forms and carefully dispose of the paper form. (See 1 and 2 above for more information).
- You apply for a job with us. We will keep this data for a maximum of one year before carefully deleting it. Each job advert explains the data we need you to submit.
- You are an organisation we have done business with. This may be because we need to pay an invoice, or we need to contact you about future business. We will keep your data on file in case we do future business, unless you tell us otherwise.
*Data is transferred between spreadsheets if the registrant signifies on one form that they want to also be included in another list.
What type of data we collect, and why
Please see our ‘Join the ELN’ form for the different questions we ask when you sign up. The questions we ask you upon signing up to specific campaigns are very similar. See our manifesto campaign as an example.
In general, we ask for your name so we know who you are, your contact details so we can contact you, your location so we know which of our activities and events are most relevant to you geographically (and get a sense of our supporters’ geographical spread). We also may ask questions for research purposes such as ‘what motivated you to sign up to the ELN’.
What we will do with your data
- We will use your data to contact you.
- We will use supporters’ data collectively to better plan and target campaigns, events and activities.
- We may use your data anonymously, although we will never make you identifiable.
- We will not make your data public.
- We will not sell or donate your data to another company or individual.