Building Jerusalem focuses on how we can build a better England which works for the many, not just the few. In time it will become a valuable resource for Labour activists across the country as we post the results of our research and promote our campaigns. We’ll draw heavily on our desire to build a progressive patriotism that puts the interests of the English people ahead of elites and promotes the idea of the common good.
You’ll find our latest Building Jerusalem posts here, with external links below.
Towards a progressive patriotism
- 13/10/17: For England and St George?
- 04/10/17: “England and its future are central to politics” – our piece on our launch event.
- 26/09/17: Winning in England could put Jeremy Corbyn in Downing Street – Shabana Mahmood and Jeremy Corbyn call for an English manifesto.
- 20/09/17: Labour Should Reclaim The England Flag And Woo ‘Patriotic’ Voters, Former Cabinet Minister Urges
- ‘Feeling English’ – here we link to external pieces by Anthony Barnett and Henry Tam that centre on idea of civic patriotism.
- Labour must speak for England
- Labour must reclaim English patriotism if we are to beat Ukip and the Tories
- 4/09/17: IPPR’s Commission on Economic Justice delivers a new vision for the UK economy, one that joins prosperity with justice and builds the common good
- 4/08/17: TUC: It Is Government Choices, Not The Single Market, That Are Limiting British Control Over Our Own Industries
Redistribution of power
- 20/09/17: Leaders from across the North call on the Government to honour its commitments
- 4/09/17: McDonald’s hit by first UK industrial action
- 19/09/2017: Sajid Javid should give councils free rein to tackle rogue landlords
- 24/08/17: Bad landlords beware, there is now a way for tenants to fight back